New Division Rules for National Championships
There is a new process for determining divisions for the Liberty Mutual Insurance NASTAR National Championships. The criteria has changed to more accurately place participants in the correct division based on their ability: Platinum Division, Gold Division, Silver Division and Bronze Division within each age and gender group.
Liberty Mutual Insurance NASTAR National Championship participants will be placed in a division based on results within their race profile. The first option listed below that fits a participant's race profile will place them in their division:
- Final average handicap from the 2017 NASTAR National Championships
- Best handicap from a 2018 NASTAR Regional Championship event
- NASTAR National ranking handicap from the 2017-18 season (3 race days needed)
- The best handicap and medal earned by March 13th, 2018 will place participants in their division (Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze)
Participants have the option to move to a higher division than their qualifying division but they cannot move to an ability division below the division in which they qualified.
- Participants that competed in the 2017 NASTAR National Championships must earn a medal on a minimum of one race day to qualify for the 2018 Nationals.
- NASTAR participants will qualify when they win a medal on two or more race days before March 13th.