2018 Division Rules for National Championships
The process for determining racer divisions for the 2018 Liberty Mutual Insurance NASTAR National Championships is new. The criteria has changed to more accurately place participants in the correct division based on their ability within their age and gender group:
Liberty Mutual Insurance NASTAR National Championship participants will be placed in a division based on results within their race profile. The first option listed below that fits a participant's race profile will place them in their division:
- Final average handicap from the 2017 NASTAR National Championships
- Best handicap from a 2018 NASTAR Regional Championship event
- NASTAR National ranking handicap from the 2017-18 season (3 race days needed)
- The best handicap and medal earned by March 18th, 2018 will place participants in their division (Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze)
- Late qualifiers: NASTAR racers that compete at Squaw Valley March 19-22 to qualify will be placed in a division base on their results.
After registering for the event, participants have the option to move to a higher division than their qualifying division.
Participants cannot move to division below the division in which they qualified.