Club NASTAR Program
07.03.2018 | Bill Madsen
NASTAR for U.S. Ski & Snowboard Clubs
NASTAR is known as a recreational racing program that has been open to the public at more than 100 resorts across the country for 50 years. Under the direction of U.S. Ski & Snowboard, NASTAR is now available to ski clubs as low cost solution for timing races and connecting athletes with their peers. The goal is to reduce the cost of competition by providing clubs with a system that allows kids to compete without traveling away from their home resort. NASTAR is a social network that was designed to bring people together virtually and to create a social network that supports the development of the sport. Providing young athletes with more data about their on snow experience increases their knowledge and aids in skill development so they can learn how to carry speed.
WHAT IT IS
NASTAR = NAtional STandard Race. Owned and operated by U.S. Ski Team, the program is focused on bringing the alpine racing community together without physically being together.
A complete event management system that provides a turn-key system for registration, timing, live results and online community building resources.
GS, SL and Parallel races are all managed with a user friendly, intuitive software program that provides racers, parents and fans with easy online access to data and results.
NASTAR races and training races connect participants with their peers across the country and places them in an ability division where they can monitor skill development.
Includes: timing software, race numbers, registration forms, the ability to use RFID for bib numbers, live-timing, web site, social network, parallel racing and a Par Time that is established by the U.S. Ski Team.
HOW IT WORKS
- A Par Time is set for each race by a pacesetter with a certified handicap. Pacesetters can be adults or kids that have consistent NASTAR results.
- Racers are timed with the NASTAR software and club members are given a complete racer profile on NASTAR.com. Results are posted online and racers earn rankings within their age and ability groups, locally, in their state of residence and nationally.
- Season long race series are easily managed for individuals and teams.
WHY YOUR CLUB SHOULD SIGN UP
- NASTAR gives coaches the tools to improve each athlete's experience by providing additional information about their skill development and parents can easily monitor their child's improvement.
- Empower your race coordinator with a user friendly system that provides robust race information.
- Provide kids with a low stress, fun racing environment with their local club without traveling and sacrificing valuable training time.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard NASTAR Club Membership Fee: $500 Includes:
Timing software, web site, registration forms and bib numbers
To join NASTAR as a US Ski & Snowboard Club, download, sign and return the contract below with payment.
Bill Madsen-Director of NASTAR