NASTAR Club Program
04.30.2017 | Bill Madsen
2017 - 18 NASTAR CLUB FRANCHISE
- Would you like to have your athletes compare themselves to the U.S. Ski Team and their peers nationally while participating in your ski club races?
- Time your races with the NASTAR software and your members will be given a complete racer profile. Your members would earn rankings within their age and ability group, in their state of residence and nationally.
- A pacesetter is used to set the Par Time for all races which allows your athletes to compete against Ted Ligety and other members of the U.S. Ski Team.
- Timing your races using the NASTAR software makes registration, timing and results an easy and seamless process. Empower your race coordinator by providing them with the best tools to support and encourage athlete development.
- Live-timing, team racing, season long series scoring, a direct connection to the U.S. Ski Team and much more.
NASTAR = NATIONAL STANDARD RACE
- The NASTAR program is operated by U.S. Ski & Snowboard and it is the premier youth feeder program for the U.S. Ski Team.
- World and Olympic Champion, Ted Ligety, is NASTAR’s National Pacesetter and spokesperson.
- NASTAR is used to time and score season long race series across the country that are tied together with a common scoring system.
- The U.S. Ski Team establishes the Par Time for NASTAR and each club must have certified Pacesetters set the Par Time for each race.
- Participants earn a handicap based on their ability and they earn a ranking in their ability division.
- The National Standard allows racers to compete agaist their peers across the country while racing with their club.
- Each racer is given their own web page to monitor their results and rankings (sample).
- Racers can qualify for the NASTAR National Championships by competing in club races at their home resort.
NASTAR Resorts & Clubs are listed online:
A link to the club’s website, contact information and race schedule is listed online. 72,192 average monthly page views.
The NASTAR timing software offers Live- Timing so that parents can follow the action in real-time.
The NASTAR website provides clubs with easy access to all race results.
The NASTAR newsletter is sent to 30,000+ participants bimonthly and weekly around major events.
Features include: special events, participant news, technical tips, equipment news, U.S. Ski Team updates and more.
Ski Racing Magazine
- NASTAR has partnered with Ski Racing Magazine to provide NASTAR content and promotion for the brand.
- Ski Racing Magazine provides video content and highlights of events.
- SKI magazine, founder and media partner of the NASTAR program, promotes NASTAR through a season-long brand campaign and advertising schedule. SKI Magazine generates significant awareness for the NASTAR program and the host resorts by running five (5) program-specific 4C full-page ads throughout the season. 300,000 subscribers.
- NASTAR maintains a strong presence on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We work with resorts to share their posts and promote their programs.
- Broadcast and Digital Content. USSA produces NASTAR specific content to be included in the broadcasts of Alpine World Cup on NBC and NBC Sports Network. USSA, in partnership with Ski Racing also produces NASTAR specific digital content throughout the season that is distributed via USSA’s digital and social networks.
- Each club is ultimately responsible for the location and set up of their NASTAR race.
- Clubs have the option to set single or dual courses.
- NASTAR Giant Slalom (GS) courses should be set with 18-22 meters of space between gates vertically and 4-8 meters of offset.
- NASTAR Slalom (SL) courses should be set with 10-12 meters of space between gates vertically and 2-6 meters of offset.
- There are separate rankings for GS & SL races.
- Courses must be set so that no course is within 5% of the Cap Time. The Cap Time is defined as the time it takes a Pacesetter to tuck from the start to the finish of the course without going around gates and is the fastest possible time the venue will allow. This rule forces the course setter to put turns in the course.
- Due to a number of variables at each resort, the look and feel of each race venue will vary according to the resort.
The following materials are included with your NASTAR franchise fee.
- Race Today banner (12'x3' horizontal banner or self-standing wind wing)
- Bib Numbers
- Registration Forms
- Timing and Scoring Software - Full service Web site
Club Members: $800 Prior to October 1st
To register, sign the contract, compete the Club Info Form and select your NASTAR materials before October 1st.
Order NASTAR Materials (included with membership)
An invoice will be mailed upon receipt of the contract if payment is not included with the contract
Club must name NASTAR as an additional insured on their certificate of insurance (COI)
Franchise fee does not include the cost of medals. NASTAR medals must be order through Lasting Impressions: Cheryl 800-767-9577, firstname.lastname@example.org
Make Checks Payable to:
U.S. Ski Team
Attn: Bill Madsen
1 Victory Lane
Park City, UT 84060
- To register by Oct. 1, 2017. NASTAR must receive an executed contract, materials order form and club information form.
Club Membership: $1000 After October 1st