Steamboat Mountain School has sponsored the NASTAR Championships for over three years because they believe in working hard and training hard and they want to make sure you know about their college preparatory school in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. At Steamboat Mountain School, students don't have to choose between skiing and school - they can do both at very high levels.
Steamboat Mountain School is a one-of-a-kind school that’s perfect for those with an adventurous spirit and a thirst for learning. What sets them apart?
- An engaging college-preparatory curriculum taught by some of the most interesting and dedicated teachers.
- During the winter, they have classes in the morning and ski or ride in the afternoon. For competitive winter athletes, they partner with the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, which has produced 88 Olympians, including 17 from Steamboat Mountain School.
- The school also offers a compelling and amazing opportunity for Global Immersion Studies for their 9-12th grade school. They will spend a total of 4 months in 4 countries on 4 continents over 4 years – traveling with their teachers and participating in homestays, service learning and adventure travel.
- The school was founded in 1957 and has a solid college acceptance list and graduates who are scientists, film makers, physicians, business owners, and engineers – all of whom are leading fascinating lives around the world.
"I developed a passion for ski racing on the local NASTAR course, but it was the Steamboat Mountain School that gave me the opportunity to train with the best while receiving a world-class education."
- Jordan Gray, Class of 2005
Read more about Steam Springs in a recent New York Times article: Off the Slopes in Steamboat Springs