Racers that win a Nature Valley NASTAR National Championship title are invited to compete in the Race of Champions. Each National Champion carries their winning handicap into the race and a discounted time is used to determine the Overall Nature Valley NASTAR National Champions.
In addition, the fastest man and woman, based on raw time, during the Race of Champions will win a trip to a U.S. Ski Team training camp at the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center at Copper Mountain.
- Competitors that win a NASTAR National Championship title are invited to compete in the Race of Champions. The Nature Valley NASTAR Race of Champions is a winner-take-all race within four disciplines.
- Female Alpine
- Male Alpine
- Female Combined (snowboard, telemark & physically challenged)
- Male Combined (snowboard, telemark & physically challenged).
- Each qualifying racer will carry their winning National Championships handicap into the race to level the playing field. If a participant’s winning handicap is higher than the handicap maximum for their division, they will be assigned the maximum handicap for their division.
- Each non-alpine racer (snowboarder, telemarker or disabled racer) will carry their winning Natinoal Championship handicap into the Race of Champions unless their handicap is higher than 75. The Maximum handicap for non-alpine racers is 75.
- Within each discipline, competitors will be seeded by their National Championships handicap with the highest handicaps racing first.
- Each racer will get one run.
- During each discipline's race, the competitor with the fastest handicapped time will ascend the podium until he/she is bumped off by a faster discounted time.
- Immediately following each discipline's race, the competitor with the fastest handicapped time will receive a "Race of Champions" trophy and be crowned the overall "Nature Valley NASTAR National Champion"!
- Within each discipline, Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be presented to the three competitors with the fastest handicapped times.
- In addition, Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be presented to the top three competitors with the fastest raw times.
- The male and female racers that record the fastest raw times will win a trip to a U.S. Ski Team training camp at Copper Mountain in November.
- To calculate a discounted time simply divide the racer's time by their handicap.