Spirit Mountain will host the Nature Valley NASTAR Midwest Championships December 15 & 16. The event will include individual races on Saturday with participants divided into age and ability groups. On Sunday there will be a Race of Champions to determine the fastest racers using handicapped times and raw times. Sunday will also see teams of racers competing for supremacy. There will be separate divisions for family teams and teams of friends. The top three point gainers will be used to score points for the team but up to six people can be included on a team. NASTAR Team Points will be used to score teams so that age and gender can be used to handicap racers.
All racing will take place on the Blue Ruin trail. There will be a sponsor village, an awards party, live music, gift bags, Warren Miller movies, Pacesetting by four time Olympian and AJ Kitt, autograph sessions and more. This event is designed to help kick off your racing season and to connect with your racing friends.
The entry fee is $59
The Nature Valley NASTAR Midwest Championships entry includes:
- Entry to individual race Saturday
- Entry to the Family/Friends Team race Sunday
- Gift bags
- Awards Reception/Raffle
- Warren Miller film screening
- Sponsor Village
- Live Music
- Celebrity Pacesetter
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted lodging
Discounted lift tickets and lodging are available to participants and guests: Lift tickets are $29 per day or $58 for a two day ticket. Kids five years and younger are free.
Lodging at The AmericaInn is $89.99 Fri/Sat nights & $69.99 Sun night.
Friday, Dec. 14th
- 5:00pm-8pm Competitor Check-In Bear Paw Chalet (pick up race bibs, start orders and gift bags)
Saturday, Dec. 15 * Nature Valley NASTAR Midwest Championships
- 8:00am-11:00am Competitor Check-In Bear Paw Chalet (pick up race bibs, start orders and gift bags)
- 10:00am Junior Racers 20 years and younger. The youngest participants will race first
- 12:30pm Adult racers 21 years and older The oldest competitors will race first
All participants will take two race runs but only the best race run handicap will count for awards
- 9am-3pm * Sponsor Village Open
- 3-4:30pm Warren Miller Movie
- 4:30pm-6pm Awards and Racer Reception
- 6pm Live Music
Sunday, Dec. 16 * Race of Champions & Team Racing
- 8:00am-9:30am (Racer Check-In, pick up start orders)
- 10:00am Female Race of Champions
- 10:30am Male Race of Champions
- 12:30 Team Race Family Teams Friends Teams
Awards will be presented immediately following the races