- HELMETS - Mandatory for all competitors! No specific restrictions beyond established norms.
- SKIS - No restrictions as to geometric features, flexibility, mass, construction, durability.
- BINDINGS/PLATES - No restrictions beyond established norms.
- BOOTS - No restrictions beyond established norms.
- POLES - No restrictions. Competitors can race with or without poles.
- RACE SUITS/PROTECTION - No restrictions. Note: While the majority of competitors at the NASTAR National Championships wear race suits, NASTAR leaves the decision to wear a race suit up to each individual competitor.
- GOGGLES - No restrictions. Note: The use of ski goggles is recommended.
- GLOVES - No restrictions. Note: The wearing of gloves is highly recommended.
- BACK PROTECTORS - No restrictions.
Helmets are required to race.